Whether you are running a Liquor Store, Restaurant, Bar or Nightclub, selling games bring excitement and fun while boosting profits and team moral. Sales games are a great way to achieve your sales goals in a positive, yet aggressive manner
The first consideration for any manager that wants to enter into successful team-focused motivational sales games is to ensure that you have the budget, time and dedication required to make it a true success. Without all three components firmly in place, any sales initiative will fail due to a lack of engagement and belief by the staff.
However, when budget, time and management dedication work in collaboration with creativity and imagination results can be, “Off the Chart” and your staff can be motivated to achieve significantly improved levels of performance, and profits.
- Take the time to craft a well managed event.
- Run the idea past your sales representative or Voodoo Tiki Marketing for for input, prize ideas etc.
- Write up the contest. Hand out the rules of the game and in a meeting convey a “Clarity of Vision.”
- Stay active in the game. Report leaders and stragglers. Create rivalries. Promote fun within the game.
- Have a rewards ceremony with the prizes awarded and a round of applause. Make it fun. Over the top is always fun.
Need Help? Email Marketing@voodootiki.com and we’ll share with you some of the successful promotions we’ve witnessed.
Staff Contest Ideas
The Fastest Tiki in the West
First male member of the staff to sell a Voodoo Tiki Cocktail, shot, flight or bottle wins a Voodoo Tiki Keychain for himself and a Voodoo Tiki Tequila Bracelet to give to female staff members.
First female member of the staff to sell a Voodoo Tiki Cocktail, shot, flight or bottle wins a Voodoo Tiki Keychain for herself and a Voodoo Tiki Tequila Bracelets to give to a female staff member.
The Poker Run
Every Voodoo Tiki Tequila Cocktail, shot, flight or bottle earns the employee a random playing card. The employee with the best hand at the end of the promotion wins. Works great both “On Premise” and “Off Premise”. For On Premise, earn a card when you make any Voodoo Tiki Tequila Sale. For “Off Premise”, earn a Card for every bottle sale.
Voodoo High Five
Five Prizes for everyone. Everyone that sells five Voodoo Tiki Cocktails or shots during a shift gets a Voodoo Tiki Gift Pack which includes Voodoo Tiki TRIBE Dog Tags, Three Shot Glasses and Choice of Voodoo Tiki Key Ring or Charm Bracelet.
The Next Iron Bar Chef
Bartenders will have a week to devise a “Special of the Week” with any Voodoo Tiki Tequila. One week later prior to the Thursday night shift, the staff will vote for the best, which will become the “Cocktail Special” for the next seven days. Just as servers read “Dinner Specials”, the staff will explain / present the cocktail special as follows:
“We also have one other special tonight, it’s a unique Cocktail Special created by our house Mixologist Bill J, it features Voodoo Tiki Tequila, fresh juices, and homemade syrups. It’s delicious and it’s $X dollars. It’s really good! We had a contest here, the whole staff voted and this was the cocktail that won the contest. Would anyone like to try it?”
- The Bartender and the venue will be featured on the Voodoo Tiki Website.
- The Cocktail will get a full media campaign including submission to over 1,400 press outlets.
- It will appear on Google news page one for numerous keywords.
- The bartender will receive a personal thank you letter from Voodoo Tiki President, and framed certificate.
- The cocktail will be included in the Iron Bar Chef database and have the creators name “hard Coded” in the description – possibly appearing on Cocktail Menus around the World.
- They will win a bottle of their choice of Voodoo Tiki Tequila for further Mixology Research.
Create Server bartender “teams” (if there are more servers than bartenders than use a ratio – 2:1, 3:1 etc. First Server to sell three of their bartenders, “Custom Cocktail” Wins.
Every employee to sell one of every Voodoo Tiki Cocktail on the Menu to wins. For “Off Premise”, first employee to sell one bottle of every member of teh Voodoo Tiki Family of Tequila wins.
Rule the Table Game
First Server to sell a whole table – (minimum Four Top) Voodoo Tiki Cocktails wins.
The Hat Trick
The first employee to sell a Bottle of Voodoo Tiki Tequila to three shoppers wins.
Steal The Tiki
Every time a Server or Bartender sells a Voodoo Tiki Cocktail the “Witch Doctor Beads” necklace changes hands. The Person wearing the Voodoo Tiki Cocktail “Witch Doctor Beads” at a pre-specified time wins.